Koester Metals, Inc.
Fabricate your Future with KMI!
A family-run, sheet metal fabrication company with a team culture, Koester Metals, Inc. has been a major industry go-to source for precision sheet metal fabrications and enclosures of the highest quality.
Our goal has always been to build long-term relationships with our customers, who have come to rely on us for fabrications or enclosures they know will help them meet their business objectives. While we continue to employ the latest process technologies.[GK1]
Our Product Engineer has the responsibility to:
- Generate detailed Bills of Material
- Use of SolidWorks and PDM for product details
- Performs AutoCAD and 3D drafting and/or detailing.
- Sheet Metal design using Solid Works
- Outline Drawing Generation
- Program number assignment
- Data entry of BOM, cut list, structural cut list in database. (Engineering Tools/PDM)
- Structural cut list generation
- Parts list generation
- Design as required to meet customer’s specifications within the budgeted time and material cost.
- Determine to make or subcontract on special items and set up subcontract operations as required
- Printing and assembling the production floor traveler.
- Interface with sales personnel to discuss cost-related changes.
- Interface with customers’ engineers regarding fit, form, and function aspects of jobs.
- Interface with purchasing to provide accurate material cost, availability and assure purchased items meet all specifications.
- Interface with production regarding deviations, revisions, customer changes, and/or changes regarding productivity improvements.
- Perform editing or revisions in computer and on floor traveler per ISO Work Instructions.
- Interface with Quality Control personnel on job design and construction questions.
- Keep accurate timekeeping on all projects.
- Assures Sales Order description accurately reflects drawing numbers and scope of the work to be done on each job.
- Participates on Teams for various improvement projects as needed.
- Press Programming and Flat Generation for CNC machines
- Minimum of an associate’s degree.
- Minimum 3 years’ previous experience in a similar computer-oriented manufacturing environment is desirable
- 3D drafting/ solid modeling experience and knowledge (Sheet Metal drawing experience preferred)
- Strong mechanical aptitude with a good understanding of strengths of materials
- Excellent blueprint reading and interpretation skills.
- Proficient math skills
- Must have proficient computer skills and have the ability to learn new programs/systems.
Benefits of working at KMI include:
- Paid Time Off (PTO) after 30 days
- Holiday Pay – 8 per calendar year
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Package(s)
- 401(k) Company matches 100% of first 1% employee investment, and 50% of next 5% maxing at 3.5% of employee’s 6%
- 401(k) eligibility in 1 year, vesting schedule is 2 years to 100%
- On-the-Job Training Opportunities
- Educational Reimbursement
- An opportunity to work with Great people!