Capabilities & Equipment
Your Single Source for Metal Fabrication, Finishing & Assembly
We can do just about any kind of metal fabricating for just about any industry, any application - as we've proven for more than three decades. And we can do it all under one roof.
Our capabilities include ...
- design template generation using Solid Edge 3-D modeling technology and AutoCAD
- maintaining databases of customer product drawings to access the latest revision levels and engineering changes
- working with a wide range of materials, including mild steel, stainless steel (types 304 and 316), aluminum
- state-of-the-art precision fabrication equipment
- value-added assembly to fit your needs - anything from frame assembly to axle-on/tire-on: with us doing the assembly, your manufacturing costs are lower and you can focus more of your resources on growing your business without expanding your operations.
- expert product finishing, from standard Gray primer, ASA-61 Gray, or White to custom finishes and exact color matching - wet painting, standard powder coating, marine powder coating, silk screening,
Of course, any high-quality product begins with the precision manufacturing of individual components. Our fabrication equipment is computer-numerically controlled to facilitate consistent part quality.
At the heart of our fabrication process is a 4,000 Watt Cincinnati Laser capable of cutting up to 72" X 144" sheets of 1" plate, 1/2" stainless steel and aluminum, and 1/4" brass and copper. This machine also Clean-cuts up to 7 ga material. we can cut virtually any material in sheet form! We also have a 2,000 Watt LVD Laser capable of cutting up to a 5/8"-thick steel plate (3/16" stainless) with repeatability/accuracy to ± .005" or better.
For sheet metal components and specialized smaller enclosures, a dedicated SMP (small metal parts) cell - complete with a Finn-Power FMS, a Motoman welding robot, and a state-of-the-art LVD brake press - assures part accuracy and timely throughput.
All of our metal enclosure products are precision welded and ground by experienced welding personnel.
We thoroughly inspect all parts, too, seeing that they're in full compliance with customer specifications. The cell concept gives us a high level of process flexibility, enabling us to reduce production costs to the lowest-possible level and meet any customer's just-in-time delivery requirements.
Given our capabilities and equipment, it's definitely worth your while to contact KMI
for all your custom sheet metal fabrication and enclosure needs.
AUTOMATED PRECISION EQUIPMENT
To Handle Any Fabrication Requirement, Simple or Complex
Cutting and Punching:
- Cincinnati CL-840 4000 Watt Laser Cutting System
- LVD CNC 3000-Watt Laser Cutting System
- LVD CNC 2000-Watt Laser Cutting System
- Trump Turbo 2000- Watt Laser Cutting System
- Finn-Power Shear Genius Integrated Punching/Shearing Flexible Manufacturing System
- Amada Pega-BLS CNC Turret Punch and Right Angle Shear Combo
Forming and Bending:
- (2) Amada FAB Model 125 CNC Programmable Presses
- LVD 150T CNC 7-Axis Back Gauge Brake Press with Learning Capability
- Cincinnatti CNC Brake Press with 10 ft bending capability
- Motoman Arcworld CNC Programmable Welding Robot
- 40+ Mig and Tig Welding Stations
- Numerous Spot welding machines
- (2) Liquid Coating Booths that can handle parts up to 40+ ft long
- (7) Powder Coating Booths consisting of both Fully Automated and Programmable Lines and large bacth-style booths that can handle parts up to 24 ft long!
- Sandblasting booths
- Cleveland Machine Works Ironworker, FI-85 / 140
- State-of-the-art surface coating/finishing equipment
- Weideman Centrum 1000 CNC Turret Punch Press
- Spot Welders
- Auto-Sert 20" Throat Stud and Nut Pressing Machine
- Pneumatic Riveting Equipment
- Machine shop and other equipment requirements for general operating needs
- Material handling, shipping and delivery equipment